Wednesday 2 May 2012

Orange Blossom

Dress - Costume Cupboard // Shoes - New Look // Bracelet - Links of London // Watch - Debenhams

It's May and the flowers are in full bloom. This dress is another pilfered number from the costume department... my treasure trove of vintage clothes. When it's warm enough to go without tights I'll pair it with brogues and ankle socks. I've found some great items during my costume cupboard rummages including a pink silk blazer which happened to be donated by another member of staff years ago. It was lovely hearing her exclaim that it used to be her favourite jacket and made it feel that bit more special. I've bought and borrowed (cough, cough) quite a lot of second hand items recently and would really like to do a post that focuses on outfits made up from second hand and vintage clothing. I don't think thrifting is as big a business in Scotland as it is down South but I think sometimes that's because people are scared to mix and match or are worried about making sure they are completely on trend. There's also a bit of a stereotype associated with buying second hand clothes but I really enjoy it; both the challenge of finding something unique among the discarded Primark cast-offs and being that little bit different.

No comments:

Post a Comment