Monday 27 February 2012

Preloved: Shirts with a Story



I love nothing more than a charity shop rummage. Whether it's picking up old fashion bowls to store jewellery in or quirky kitchenware, there is always a bargain to be had. One of my best friends from Uni came through to Fife recently and being a fellow fashionista we decided to hit the charity shops of Dunfermline with extremely great success! I'm currently a little bit obsessed with shirts and purchased the above pair for under £5. The waist coated shirt takes me back to the 90s when I loved nothing more than a t-shirt/ waistcoat combo. However, I think the colour, pattern and the detailing on the buttons is very current and it will look great with either leggings or cropped denim shorts. I am not so certain of the second shirt but it was 99p and is quite versace-esque with its baroque print. It has splits at the side which you can't really see from the picture and sits quite high on the waist. Again, I'm feeling a leggings or shorts pairing with my platform boots.

In my continuing quest to emulate the style of Lana Del Rey, I also bought a piece of "ghetto-chav" gold in the form of a t-bar chain for £1.99, a lovely vintage snowdrop necklace for 75p(!) and another scarf to add to my expanding collection for £1.75. My friend's find of the day definitely had to be a pair of vintage Rayban tortoiseshell wayfarers for £10.

I recently joined in the debate on Twitter through @DomesticSluts which asked Twitter users to discuss Vintage Fashion. I have bought vintage items before which I love but I do prefer to look through charity/ second hand shops. Part of the enjoyment for me is finding that needle in the haystack item rather than being told something is fashionable purely because it has been labelled vintage even if it is simply vintage-style Primark circa 2009.

What are your thoughts re vintage/ second hand fashion? What are your bargain hunting tips? What was your best ever purchase? C'mon ladies share the love!

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you for your comment, it means so much to hear that. I adore these shirts!


    Lots of Love,

    Lily from Red Brick Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice bargains!

    I am now following your blog.

    http://veelicious-ness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete