Saturday 28 January 2012

The Only Optimist in the Village?

Sometimes it's difficult to remain optimistic about life especially in January. It is definitely a month for hibernating; for crawling under duvets and eating cake and custard (healthy eating can begin in February.) I can safely say my mission to look on the bright side of life has been tested. That said two very special things have happened this week that cannot fail to put on a smile on my face.

First of all meet Bonnie Blue. The latest addition to the family. I have been looking to fill a cat shaped hole in my life since my ginger moggie, Jaffa went missing in September so here she is. Her name is in homage to one of my favourite films Gone With The Wind and of course is inspired by those beautiful blue eyes. I am in love and fear my Instagram will be chock full of sappy cat snaps.

Miss Bonnie Blue
Secondly, my sister and I are jetting off to Thailand for three weeks this Summer. I could not be more excited! I have wanted to go to Thailand since I was fourteen and madly in love with all things Leonardo DiCaprio aka The Beach. It has taken me nearly 26 years to pluck up the courage to do something like this... I was not the kind of student who could afford a "gap year" and have worked every summer since I left school. 

We booked through Thailand Travel Plan and are including a stay in Bangkok, a journey up the River Kwai, the Erawan waterfall, Kanchanaburi, Chang Mai, a hill tribe trek, an Elephant sacutary, the Temples of Ayutthaya before finishing off with six nights on Ko Pah Ngan just in time for August's Full Moon Party. I am dreaming of Thai food and white beaches already...

Salad Beach Ko pah Ngan

No comments:

Post a Comment