This was one of the first "proper" dishes I learnt to make at university... (The place that introduced me to hummus and pesto and perhaps more unfortunately wine!)
Ingredients: Serves 4
3 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
4-6 rashers of bacon
1 pot of single cream
1 cup of grated cheese (mature)
Mixed Italian herbs
Spaghetti or Linguine
1) Put enough pasta on for 4 in plenty of salted boiling water.
2) Fry the onions and garlic.
3) Grill the bacon and mix with the onions.
4) Add the cream and simmer on the lowest heat.
5) Once the cream is hot, add the cheese. Parmesan or a strong cheddar is best.
6) Take off the heat and mix the pasta with the sauce and add the herbs.
7) Finally, mix in a whisked egg. This will help thicken the sauce.
In my opinion this is best eaten with garlic bread or foccacia. But then I do love a bit of bread... Enjoy!
|Picture taken with iPhone 3gs & Instagram App|