Monday 2 January 2012

Top Glossybox Products

I've been subscribed to GLOSSYBOX Beauty since July 2011. The premise is this; every month, GLOSSYBOX delivers a mix of 5 exciting product miniatures packed in a beautiful box for you to test at home. Once you receive your products you can review them via their website and collect Glossydots which transform into a free box one you have reviewed enough products. The box costs £10 plus p&p.


I stumbled across the world of beauty boxes on Miss Lucy Love's blog. The idea of receiving a mystery box of goodies every month slightly excited me; like receiving a miniature present once a month even if I was gifting it to myself! And even though the website states you will receive 5 samples, in the main, you receive at least 2 full size products in every box. (And the boxes are gorgeous as well - baby pink, filled with black wrapping paper and pink ribbons - so ridiculously predictable and girly am I!)

Out of all the products I have received. Here are my favourites:

LP SKIN THERAPY (LIP RESCUE GEL) 

RRP £20

WELEDA (POMEGRANATE REGENERATING BODY OIL) 

rrP £19.95



HD BROWS (EYE&BROW PALETTE) 

rrp £19.96


HD Brows Palette in Bombshell -  Bombshell:  For blondes…a nude, a carbon shadow, and two blonde tone powders. When used as an eye shadow palette, this will create a cool natural daytime look and a soft evening look.

I use this product everyday. Especially since I darkened my hair. I use the blonde shade underneath the carbon and even though it looks blonde it is a light brown shade on the brows. HD brows is becoming a bit of a phenomenon. The salon process defines your natural beauty with a 7 step procedure creating high definition brows. I have not had the procedure done myself but I find that the palette is enough to define my brows and fill in any gaps to create a look which frames the face and enhances the eyes. I've also used the other colours as blending shades/ subtle eyeliner. This is the product I would definitely buy again out of all the products I have received and at £19.95 it was a fantastic product to receive in the Glossybox.

LP Skin Therapy  Lip Rescue Gel - With a complex of natural calming ingredients this plumping lip gel helps keep you calm and your lips lusciously smooth and moisturised.

I didn't think I would like this product as much as I have mainly because of the RRP price. I have never paid £20 for a lip gloss. However, this has become a handbag staple. It definitely has a lip plumping effect. I tried it on my sister (and my dad!) who both have quite thin lips and the results were impressive.

Weleda Pomegranate Regenerating Body Oil - This luxurious skin oil is distinguished by precious organic pomegranate seed oil which is rich in nutrients. The oil helps renew and protect to reveal smooth, firm skin, and let your skin’s natural beauty shine through.

This body oil is said to renew the skin by 50% in just two weeks. I am not a religious applier of moisturisers so cannot comment on this claim but it smells gorgeous, feels gorgeous and the packaging is very classy. It is beautiful to apply after a shower and I have never had scaly skin since using it.

There are other beauty boxes out there. Notably the Feel Unique box which is delivered free and Joliebox (formally Boudoir Prive) but at the moment I am sticking with my Gossybox... May the pink boxes pile high!


6 comments:

  1. I'd have to say the Deborah Lippmann nail polish is up there as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely. I couldn't stop staring at my nails when I had it on. And it lasted a whole week but was hell to take off! x

    P.s. Thanks for my first comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the HD brows kit and the Deborah Lipmmann polish is one of my favourites as well (even though it was an absolute nightmare to take off) - I also really liked the Plum perfume and Blink+ go mascara :)
    www.celestecohen.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab post chick xx Happy new year and thank you for leaving me such a lovely comment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the weleda oil too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments. And I now have 2 followers - Whoop! Much love and respect fellow bloggers.

    ReplyDelete